How to Become a Collagen Billionaire
January 3, 2024
If you haven’t heard the phrase “collagen billionaire” yet, let me introduce you. The term has become very popular in the world of aesthetics because it refers to the concept of collagen banking, which is a revolutionary concept in skin care centered around the fact that our natural collagen production begins to plummet once we hit our late twenties and early thirties.
When this happens, we begin to see the telltale signs of aging on our faces: crows feet, forehead wrinkles, frown lines, laugh lines, bags under our eyes and more.
The strategy of collagen banking (and becoming a collagen billionaire) involves taking proactive measures to increase collagen production during the prime years when our cells are highly functional – investing in our collagen future, if you will. The dividends that will be paid down the line (the billionaire part) include maintaining natural collagen production for longer and aging more gracefully. Sounds great, right?
Let me share how you can become a collagen billionaire today:
Understanding How Collagen Works
Collagen is a protein in the body responsible for skin elasticity, suppleness, stretchiness and healthy joints. As I mentioned earlier, overall collagen production declines in our late twenties and early thirties, which makes this the optimal time to increase collagen is when cells are highly functional. When you are in this age range, building collagen early creates a higher baseline of production, which offsets the inevitable decline in production in your late thirties.
Prejuvenation vs. Rejuvenation
The two strategies we employ when it comes to collagen production are ‘prejuvenation’, which refers to using treatments earlier in life to increase collagen production while cells are in their prime, and ‘rejuvenation’, which refers to efforts to increase collagen production and maintenance as we hit our 40s, 50s and beyond. It’s important to note that we cannot stop the aging process with either strategy, rather, these interventions are meant to slow it down as much as possible.
6 Methods to Build & Protect Collagen:
- Radiofrequency microneedling, like Morpheus 8, stimulates the body’s own collagen production by creating micro-injuries to the skin.
- Sculptra, an injectable treatment with poly-l-lactic acid, acts as a bio stimulator, encouraging Type 1 collagen production responsible for skin suppleness and elasticity.
- Collagen supplements, especially oral supplementation, play a crucial role in supporting overall collagen health
- Consider incorporating collagen-rich foods, such as bone broth, for their bioavailability.
- Avoid UV radiation and excessive sun exposure rapidly decrease collagen levels.
- Avoiding toxins, such as smoking, is essential for maintaining collagen integrity.
Remember, everyone is different. Your face will develop creases and wrinkles in different places than anyone else. Your skin will respond to different treatments in different ways. This is why we opt for a global treatment strategy for full facial improvement, not spot treatments.
And for a better understanding of how your face ages, read my post: “How Your Face Ages After 30”.
READY TO REGENERATE, REVITALIZE AND RECOVER WITH US?
Ready to unleash your purest form?Request a consultation