If you're like us, come this time of the year, you enjoy getting into the fall spirit, even if it is still 80 degrees and sunny in South Florida. What we dont enjoy is the extreme amount of sugar and/or chemicals that come with most store bought pumpkin spiced items (looking at you Starbucks). So we decided to create our own clean, blood sugar balancing, anti-aging Pumpkin Spice Latte to share!
What you'll need:
● Frother (optional)
● Pumpkin puree (make sure its not pumpkin pie filling)
● Almond Milk (preferably with minimal ingredients, we like to make our own or buy Malk)
● MCT oil
Note: you could make this recipe with strong coffee in place of the espresso, it may just come out a bit watered down tasting. Pumpkin pie spice could be replaced with teaspoon of cinnamon, a dash of nutmeg, and ground ginger. Monk fruit sweetener could be replaced with maple syrup or honey, the latte just won't be as healthy by our standards, and the MCT oil can be omitted or replaced with coconut oil.
By the way, MCT oil is the power ingredient in this recipe! It can increase brain and memory function, boost energy, increase endurance, suppress hunger, and improve gut health!
● 1 cup almond milk
● 2 tablespoon pumpkin puree
● 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
● 1 teaspoon monk fruit
● 1/4 cup espresso (1 large shot)
● 1 teaspoon MCT oil
- In a small sauce pan, warm almond milk. Whisk in pumpkin puree, spice, monk fruit, and MCT oil until combined. Don't quite bring to a boil as you will damage the fats in the MCT oil.
- While milk mixture is heating, make espresso.
- If you'd like, froth using a small electric or cup frother. If you dont have a frother you can also whisk the milk mixture vigorously in the pan. Pour milk mixture into a large mug and top with espresso. Stir gently, top with a bit of pumpkin pie spice, + enjoy!
- 2022 (99)
- 2021 (36)
- 2020 (21)
- 2019 (15)
- 2018 (14)
- 2017 (23)
- 2016 (15)
- 2015 (18)