Happy Halloween! Here at The Institute we love to get festive and celebrate any chance we get, however we dont love the inflammatory ingredients that tend to be staples in many traditional holiday foods, Halloween is typically a major culprit of this.
Fortunately, we got to work whipping up some healthy, blood sugar balancing, brain boosting treats to enjoy instead! We love sneaking collagen protein into recipes for extra hair, skin, & joint support and we love using coconut oil for its brain boosting, satiating and anti-inflammatory properties.
Pro tip: we bought a peanut butter cup mold to make these but a mini muffin pan would work as well - just expect slightly bigger pb cups.
● 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
● 2 tbsp monk fruit maple sweetener (can be substituted with maple syrup)
● 2 tbsp coconut flour
● 1 tsp vanilla
● 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter (can sub for almond or cashew butter to make paleo)
● Melt chocolate in microwave (every 30 sec stir until a liquid) and stir in 1 tbsp coconut oil, collagen and 1 tbsp monk fruit sweetener
● Pour a very small amount into PB cup or mini muffin mold to only cover the bottom
● Place in freezer for 5 minutes
● Create middle filling by mixing together peanut butter, coconut flour, 1 tbsp monk fruit syrup, 1 tbsp coconut oil and vanilla
● Roll into small rounds and place over the base of frozen chocolate
● Press down so that the top is below the surface of the mold
● Pour remaining melted chocolate over the top until it reaches the surface of the mold or until desired thickness is reached
● Freeze for another 10 minutes
● Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer + enjoy!
- 2022 (99)
- 2021 (36)
- 2020 (21)
- 2019 (15)
- 2018 (14)
- 2017 (23)
- 2016 (15)
- 2015 (18)