10 Reasons to Try Cryotherapy
August 25, 2022
For those not familiar, whole-body cryotherapy involves immersing the body in a cold chamber, which emits vapors at extremely low temperatures ranging from -110℃ to -160 ℃ (around -160℉ to -220℉). This is usually done for an interval of 2 to 4 minutes, where the individual is undressed with the exception of underwear and possibly socks and gloves to protect the hands and feet.
Nowadays, cryotherapy is a medical treatment used for a variety of conditions. Recovery from injuries is a common application, but whole-body cryotherapy goes far beyond that. Recent studies support anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antioxidant effects of cold therapy protocols.
In athletes and other hard-training individuals, cryotherapy is used to promote recovery and combat muscle soreness and exercise-induced inflammation.
Many people experience a natural “high” after cryotherapy as well as a mood boost from the treatment. Later that night, it’s common for people to report falling asleep faster and having a more restful night in bed.
And since the cryo sessions mimic exercise, you’ll have burned an additional 500-800 calories.
Not bad for 3 minutes!
In addition, there are many common conditions and ailments that can be helped by regular 2-3 minute cryotherapy sessions, including:
- Muscle soreness and stiffness
- Arthritis pain
- Mood disorders
- Certain skin conditions
Here are 10 exciting benefits you can expect from using cryotherapy:
- Reduce DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) and the discomfort associated with sore and overused muscles.
- Repair muscles
- Reduce inflammation
- Increase mitochondria production
- Improve muscle growth and hypertrophy
- May increase the success of Regenerative Medicine procedures such as a VSEL procedure.
- May improve sleep
- Provide an energy and mood boost
- Reduced arthritis symptoms
- Potential relief from several skin conditions
READY TO REGENERATE, REVITALIZE AND RECOVER WITH US?
Ready to unleash your purest form?Request a consultation