5 Super Benefits of Spinach
December 1, 2021
Sadly, the days of writing about spinach with an easy reference to Popeye are almost over. Anecdotal evidence has shown that over 30% of people under the age of 20 have no idea who Popeye is. Alas, for those of us born before 1975 (many of us well before then), the cartoon character Popeye is synonymous with spinach, and spinach is synonymous with health, vitality and energy.
What you might not know is that this leafy green vegetable is so loaded with nutrients that you should be including it in smoothies, omelettes, salads, sandwiches and anything else you can think of.
Here are the Top 5 best benefits of spinach:
1) Healthy Eyesight: Two of the most powerful carotenoids that support healthy eyesight are lutein and zeaxanthin. And wouldn’t you know it? Spinach is loaded with both, including a nice dose of Vitamin A, which has also shown to support healthy vision.
2) Healthy Cardiovascular System: Lower blood pressure and arteries that aren’t stiff are associated with a healthier heart. Spinach contains inorganic nitrate, which can help accomplish both of those goals. It also contains potassium, which is critical for a healthy heart as well.
3) Strong Cells: Spinach is absolutely bursting with folate, which is a B-vitamin that helps cells divide and is used by DNA to make new genetic material.
4) Powerful Immune System: These days, everyone is talking about supporting their immune system and few vegetables offer immune defense as strong as spinach. It contains magnesium and vitamin E, both of which help your body fight viruses and bacteria. A serving of spinach also contains over 30% of your daily allowance of Vitamin C.
5) Muscle Support: Most people don’t know this, but a serving of spinach contains 5 grams of protein! If you’re hitting the gym, make sure you include spinach in your post-workout smoothie to take advantage of the antioxidants and muscle building properties of this great, green leaf.
READY TO REGENERATE, REVITALIZE AND RECOVER WITH US?
Ready to unleash your purest form?Request a consultation