The Top 5 Benefits of Blueberries
December 2, 2021
Everyone loves blueberries for their sweet, fruity burst of flavor. They’re perfect on a hot summer day as a snack or as an add-on to cereal, yogurt, oatmeal and even pancakes and waffles. They’re also the perfect addition to a morning smoothie and they can be easily stored in your freezer.
The best part is that aside from their delicious taste, blueberries are jam packed with flavonoids. Flavonoids are the potent compounds from plants that are responsible for their strong antioxidant properties. In particular, blueberries are off the charts with the amount of the flavonoid anthocyanin that they carry.
Here are the Top 5 Benefits of blueberries:
1) Healthy Skin – A few large handfuls of blueberries may contain up to 50% of your daily allowances of vitamin C. Vitamin C has also been shown to enhance the ability for collagen to assist with skin repairs.
2) Heart Health – Blueberries contain a ton of compounds that are proven to maintain a healthy heart: folate, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, potassium and fiber. They also have no cholesterol, making them one of the most perfect, sweet, heart-healthy snacks.
3) Memory Help – There have been several studies that have shown that over time, the consumption of blueberries may help stave off cognitive decline. Several studies have also shown improvement in short term memory.
4) Bone Health – Name the list of vitamins and minerals that support strong bones and blueberries likely have them: Vitamin K, zinc, magnesium, iron, calcium, phosphorus and more. Even better, ingesting these compounds through blueberries may improve joint and bone strength.
5) Healthy Digestion: For their small size, blueberries pack a powerful punch in the fiber department. With their high amount of dietary fiber, blueberries aid in digestion, relieving constipation and aiding an overall healthy digestive tract.
READY TO REGENERATE, REVITALIZE AND RECOVER WITH US?
Ready to unleash your purest form?Request a consultation