The Top Seven Benefits of Exercise
January 4, 2022
What would your life look like if you had more energy, less pain, an improved mood, meanwhile prevented disease and extended your longevity? Whether you’re an elite athlete, fitness fiend, or are just trying to get healthier and fit into your clothes better, we all can benefit from the positive effects of exercise and movement.
Top 7 benefits of exercise:
● Help control and maintain a healthy weight
● Can prevent diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, stroke, depression, anxiety, various types of cancers, and much more.
● Give you a boost of energy
● Improve and promote better sleep
● Improve your mood/emotional state
● Boost your sex life
● Reduce stress and produce endorphins
There are four main types of exercise; endurance, strength, balance and flexibility. For optimal wellbeing, it is important to incorporate activities that fall into each exercise category.
- Endurance exercise improves the health of your heart, lungs and overall circulatory system. Activities include walking or jogging, yard work, dancing, swimming, biking, climbing stairs, hiking, or playing tennis/basketball.
- Strength exercises help to keep your muscles strong and prevent injury. Most often referred to as strength training or resistance training, exercises include any kind of weighted activity, lifting weights, body weight exercises, and banded exercises.
- Balance exercises can increase stability, athletic performance, and prevent falls. Heel toe walking, sit-to-stands, yoga and tai chi are all great ways to exercise balance.
- Flexibility exercises help to decrease pain, improve your posture and balance, increase strength, and keep your muscles in peak physical condition.
Try picking up a new hobby that gets you up and moving! Incorporating a balance of all these types of exercises will improve your overall health and wellbeing, and increase your longevity. A body in motion, stays in motion!
FACTS ARE POWER
READY TO REGENERATE, REVITALIZE AND RECOVER WITH US?
Ready to unleash your purest form?Request a consultation